Music and Culture Summer Camp ONLINE
This year’s on-campus edition of the summer camp will not be possible to be held. For the Reina Sofía School of Music, the security of the young musicians is a top priority and we cannot assure that the health of our participants will not be compromised if we celebrate such edition.
It is in these times that education and culture become essential, so as we do not want to leave those registered in the programme or future students that may be interested in living the experience of the Summer Camp, we have adapted the programmes to an ONLINE format.
The amounts of those registered that have already been paid will be refunded in full or the difference with the price of the online programme will be refunded, to the choice of the participants.
The Reina Sofía School of Music’s ‘Music and Culture’ Summer Camp is offering an online programme for its 2020 edition
Get to know the programmes for 12 to 17-year-olds!
Each programme will last 2 weeks, from Monday to Friday, with 4 hours of live online classes per day. Classes are supplemented by a permanent access to a platform with online resources and by individual practice time of the instrument.
Monday 29 June - Friday 10 July 2020
- ‘Music and Fun’ online
- ‘Young Artists’ online
Monday 13 - Friday 24 July 2020
- ‘Young Artists’ online
Registration is open (limited slots) for both programmes.
- Deadline for registration: 19 June 2020
- Price: 980€ (VAT included) for two weeks
- Telephone: +34 690 747 323
- Email address: email@example.com
You may refer to the detailed dossier here.
What makes this programme unique?
- Live classes: 4 hours a day
- Individual instrument classes: 1 professor-1 student-1 hour a day
- Small groups and interaction: Theoretical and body technique classes are intended for a maximum of 15 students, which allows for interaction and relationships between students.
- Active participation: The development of projects is carried out in groups of 2-3 students, encouraging creativity and teamwork. At the end of the programme, students present a concert (playing a brief piece) and their group project to their classmates.
- High-quality teachers: The teachers are either final year students of the Reina Sofía School of Music or former students, all of whom have been chosen according to the academic criteria of the School.
- Technical support and online security: We have academic coordinators and technical support for any issue during the classes.
- Personalised attention: This is an exclusive programme, with limited slots, in which the coordinating team is available to meet the needs of the participants and their families.
What do I need to participate in the programmes?
- Music experience: The ‘Music and Fun’ programme is designed for students who have at least two years of experience practicing an instrument or who are at an intermediate level and want to be involved for two weeks in a passionate atmosphere for music. The ‘Young Artists’ programme is designed for students with intermediate or upper levels of professional degrees who are considering the possibility of pursuing their career in the music world. In this programme, a selection of participants is carried out based on the materials sent in the application (video and curriculum vitae).
- Languages: Classes will be given indistinctly in Spanish and English, so the student must have at least a sufficient knowledge of both languages to be able to follow them.
- Internet connection: The student must have
- Wired or Wi-Fi broadband
- 3G or 4G wireless data connection
- The minimum bandwidth needed for the group video call is that of 2Mbps/2Mbps (download/upload)
- Laptop or desktop computer
- Mac OS X computer with Mac OS 10.7 or further
- PC with Windows Vista SP1 or further
- Built-in speakers and microphone or with USB connection
- Built-in webcam or with USB connection
How do I sign up?
Registrations can be made online here and are open until 19 June 2020 (limited slots).
Contact for additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel +34 690 747 323 (Opening hours from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.)